The aim of the Society is to promote interaction between philosophers, psychologists, and linguists on issues of common concern.
The 2014 ESPP meeting will take place Sept. 16-19 at the conference center of the University of Messina in Noto, Sicily.
The deadline for submissions of SYMPOSIA; PAPERS and POSTERS is 4th April.
Online submission: via EasyChair
Please visit the official ESPP 2014 conference website for further information.
- Renée Baillargeon (Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Bill Brewer (Philosophy, Kings College London)
- Marisa Carrasco (Psychology, New York University)
- Richard Holton (Philosophy, University of Cambridge)
Invited Symposia will include:
- Bodily Representation. Organizer: Fredrique de Vignemont (Institut Jean-Nicod);
Confirmed Speakers: Patrick Haggard (UCL, London), Lucille Cardinal (Western University, Canada), Adrian Alsmith (University of Copenhagen).
- Plurality. Organizer: Eytan Zweig (University of York).
- Attention and Consciousness. Organizer: Wayne Wu (Carnegie Mellon University);
Confirmed Speakers: Robert Kentridge (Durham), Sebastian Watzl (Oslo), Catherine Tallon-Baudry (Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris).
- Mind-Reading in infancy. Organizer: Victoria Southgate (Birkbeck).
- Cognitive Science and Common Sense. Organizer: Pietro Perconti (Messina);
Confirmed Speakers: Pim Haselager (Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition, and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen), Mario De Caro (University of Rome Tre, Tuffs University), Sebo Uithol (University of Parma and Radboud University Nijmegen).
- AHRC symposium:
The Multisensory Turn in the Philosophy of Perception. Organizer: Ophelia Deroy (London);
Speakers: Charles Spence (Oxford) & Yi-Chuan Chen (Oxford); Ophelia Deroy (London) & Charles Spence (Oxford); Fiona Macpherson (Glasgow) & Keith Wilson (Glasgow); Colin Blakemore (London) & Merle Fairhurst (London); Matthew Nudds (Warwick) & Alisa Mandrigin (Warwick).
- The Multisensory Turn in the Philosophy of Perception. Organizer: Ophelia Deroy (London);
- The Human Mind Project symposium:
Theory of Mind and the Social Mind. Organizer: Mattia Gallotti (London);
Speakers: Rita Astuti (London School of Economics); Mina Cikara (Harvard University); Elisabeth Pacherie (Jean Nicod Institute, Paris).
- Theory of Mind and the Social Mind. Organizer: Mattia Gallotti (London);
- Round table chaired by Barry Smith (London) & Malika Auvray (Paris).
For further information click here.
Did you change your email address since becoming an ESPP member? If yes, please click here